Early season disease management is critical to successful grape growing. There are several resources to help guide you in this process.
UMass Grape Notes Newsletter - Canopy Management Highlights (2017)
- Cornell's 2021 Grape Disease Control Update by Katie Gold is now available. This yearly publication is a 'must read' for all grape growers.
- A fact sheet about Early Season Disease Management for Grapes is available from the UMass Fruit Team website.
- The New England Small Fruit Management Guide for Grapes provides good local information for pest and disease management.
- The 2020 New York/Pennsylvania Pest Management Guidelines for Grapes provides even more detailed information.
- The University of Vermont's Fact Sheet: An Initial IPM Strategy for New Cold Climate Winegrape Growers also provide excellent information on pest and disease management for New England grape growers.
- For Organic production, see Cornell Production Guide for Organic Grapes.
(Above: a pruned Corot noiret vine, 5/15/19)
(Above: Vidal, immediate prebloom, late spring: 6/6/19)